Thursday, April 5, 2012

the rain is gone

Here, when it rains, it pours.

The word "storm" is typically used by anyone I know when saying that there is a system bringing rain or snow. In 95%, there would be no thunder, no lightning…just rain. Heavy, never ending.

The thing about California is that after 5 days of raining, the sun is up, sidewalks are dry in a couple of minutes and the only sign of the pour would be my soaked, sploshing lawn. I have to be quick if I want to capture beautiful droplets on the leaves.


the maple trees outside my window, 
mercilessly whipped by cold strands of water





and then, the magic happens...
maple blossoms heavy with droplets, like ballerinas in their tutus





I was thinking about this song by Zaz when taking the rain photos.

0 comments :

Post a Comment