Saturday, February 4, 2012

More pictures from New Zealand

I've been massively uploading and flooding friends and family with more photos because I can't just keep those to myself. Only separating the whole chunk of my memories into thematic albums allows me to show them as they deserve. 
I am not showcasing my photography skills but merely sharing the breathtaking beauty of the country.




More photos from Fiordlands, the coast, and urban-like pictures on my Picasa website.

The Fiordlands are a region where you could spend 2 months wondering around with your mouth open. I can only recommend cruises in Doubtful and Milford Sound (even though we strongly dislike organized tourism), especially the overnight trip in Milford Sound, which will occupy #1 spot among our activities in Fiordlands. 
I can't tell much about the West Coast of South Island, we only stopped for night in Franz Josef Glacier area, as we were heading south towards the Fiordlands.

Catlins Coast (south of the South) welcomed us with extremely windy and chilly weather, nevertheless, forest hikes around waterfalls, gorgeous coastal scenery and wildlife made up for it! Even for a terrible hostel in Owaka and the rain!

There was no time to place a rose by the ruined cathedral in Christchurch, as instructed by my friend Suzie, we only had 25 min to get to the airport from the downtown.
We certainly did rush through many places!



Doubtful Sound, Fiordlands
South Island



Pancake Rocks, Punakaiki,
South Island

Abel Tasman coast, near Nelson
South Island

Milford Sound
(Fiordlands, South Island)

First Church Of Otago, Dunedin
South Island (west coast)

Cathedral Caves, Catlins Coast
South Island
3 comments :
  1. Your pictures are dirt beautiful congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so late! I have a lot to catch up, but I couldn't miss your wonderful photos! I'm planning to enjoy every minute of my visit here! :) Thank you for making me dream Romy! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jalous...your travels, your pictures...OMG !!!
    amazing Romy.

    ReplyDelete