Monday, September 26, 2011

Greece 2011 - Mykonos, Delos and Paros

Here is part 2 and 3 of our journey. 
Mykonos is a trendy place (the town), with picturesque bars and boutiques in those tiny streets. It has two famous icons - ancient windmills and white pelican Petros (about 30 years old they told me). 
Delos is a smaller island just off Mykonos, which was is the hellenistic era a place of great religious importance, and was inhabited (that time) by 40 000 people + 400 000 slaves. Beautiful ruins, if you can say that. 
Paros - a bigger but more quiet place, virtually empty in September, if compared to Mykonos or Santorini. It has beautiful beaches and is frequented by windsurfers.

 






2 comments :
  1. wow...fabulous ! you just give a big smile on my face. I loved my trip there 10 years ago. I went to the islands too, and the magic was there.
    Mykonos keeps a special part in my heart. Not so much for the beauty (because Santorini is my favorite one ;)) but because I was there on september 11th, 2001 and will never forget...
    Your last picture is just....no words. Gorgeous. I wish I could go there again, but with my digi camera now !!! (I had a old camera at that time ;( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for the Picasa album link and didn't find it. I hope you'll show us more later because these photos are so beautiful that I want to see more of course! :)

    ReplyDelete