Saturday, July 9, 2011

Santa Barbara Trip

We are officially empty-nesters. Our girl moved to Santa Barbara for summer classes and she will finish her second college year there. She is absolutelly thrilled to be there - why shouldn't she? And it's up to us - parents go go down there is we want to see her.

I didn't know what to expect from SB but I must say it's gorgeous!! It is quite colder than where we are, still beautiful, with pretty buildings in Spanish style and lots of lush, subtropical greenery. When you say Santa Barbara, two colors pop into my mind: white and green. Yes, I do associate places with colors :-).

At a local Starbucks, I was inspired by some vintage photos and I made several Lightroom presets, two of them presenting to you today, named Santa Barbara, what else! (see the download link below).
They work especially well with architectural photos, but the portraits as well. I was trying to achieve washed vintage feel, great for exotic buildings and pictures of boats and sea.

Photos from the trip are HERE. Can you tell I loved taking photos of the harbor?
As a bonus, I have included pictures from Swedish Midsummer Party at our friends' house, where we stopped on the way to SB.

On the way back, we drove along Highway 1 - beautiful coastal road. Photos coming in the next post.

the Wharf in SB


lamp on the Santa Barbara Courthouse

Santa Barbara Pier

Daddy and his girl


and HERE is a set of presets - Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara - dark.
Enjoy and let me know how you used them!
(my TOU)
5 comments :
  1. You guys are just some beautiful people! Love your presets, too!

    Hope all went well with daughter, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Romy! Those photos are just gorgeous! I love the courthouse and the mission (of course, they make me think of Mexico). :) Your DD is a real beauty, and so are you! Thank you for the presets as usual, you know I love them! ;) (Using one of your old ones right now, I'll show you later).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jul. 10, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your daughter is beautiful! Hope the move went well for her. Hope you are okay? I know it is hard to let them spread their wings...........

    My sister used to go to Santa Barbara every year to visit a friend. That friend has moved to Canada now so she has not been back. BUT what I was going to say is she always said it would be the perfect place to live. Beautiful in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Heather! You are beautiful people all of you!!! thanks for the presets and the awesome pictures - they are stunning as always!
    Hug, Petra

    ReplyDelete