Monday, March 22, 2010

Turning to the Dark Side

No, not really. I  just re-discovered how fun it can be to work with papers and fabrics. I'm still going to do digital, I must layer and blend, there is nothing like it. But I'm eager to play with other media too, I feel almost tingling in my fingers from how much I want to try lots of things.
I became a huge fan of Tim Holtz's style and his products, I can never have enough of them! He signed his book (Compendium of Curiosities) for me: "Romana, be curious!" Cute, isn't it?
I've been lurking in the stamping forum and gallery at 2 Peas in a Bucket though I'm pretty sure that more than like traditional paper scraps and cards my style is somewhat different. Here goes the tingling again!

Couple weeks ago, I made my first hybrid layout - about my mom at "Dances" as we called it. I wanted it to be soft, lacy and feminine page...

This Dance
papers:
Vinnie Pearce - New Papers, Cute and Wild
Amanda Sok - Awakening

brushwork:
Vinnie Pearce - Old Text Brushes
HeatherT - Little Miss Muffet
Anna Aspnes - Floral Brush Set
Hazel Olive - Shabby Sheet

journal strip:
Katie Pertiet - Pinned Notes

ivy
Lily Designs - Boy

golden tab
Catherine Designs - Pele Mele Autumn Vintage

small envelope:
Syndee Nuckles - Camille's Garden

heart:
Aprilmouse+Hanulienka - Eulalie's Jewel Box



The second hybrid is a redo of one of my digital layouts, it now hangs in our family room. Our (now big) girl turned eighteen in November and the picture is from her celebration/dinner. She still talks about the chocolate soufflé which was really divine!

Eighteen
papers: Vinnie Pearce - Reflections, Pieces of Me I;
various paper scraps: V.Pearce - Reflections
splatter: Vinnie Pearce Purple Phase ( recolored)
flower stamp: HeatherT - Unforgotten

butterfly: Prima - Andorra Red Pearl



One thing I'm not so excited about: I've been trying to work out the right settings for my printer and the monitor calibration so I could print digital papers end elements but grrrrr... frustrating!!!! 
1 comments :
  1. Oh, that is just stunning work, Romy. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete